The successful candidate will have the following attributes & characteristics:
- Strategic Thinking: Demonstrates company-wide mindset in actions and decision-making and considers the impact on the customers. Applies sound business judgment in making decisions and considers the cost/benefit of his/her decisions. Adapts strategy to meet changing conditions.
- Personal Effectiveness: Demonstrates integrity. Balances assertiveness while listening carefully to others. Seeks opportunities for personal growth and development. Fosters collaborative (teamwork) relationships within and across department and business units.
- Business Results: Anticipates problems/challenges and makes effective mid-course corrections.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong basic carpentry skills and a familiarity with the safe operation of basic carpentry equipment (miter saw, reciprocating saw, table saw, drill press, belt sander, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to;
- Work safely in a lab / manufacturing area.
- Work independently once the direction is set.
- Execute technical and non-technical tasks.
- Self-start when immediate direction is not given.
- Team player.
- Lift at least 50 pounds.
- Basic Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) knowledge required. Advanced knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to read a tape measure and calipers.
- Must be able to read and interpret basic technical drawings and documents.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical operations.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Education and Experience:
- 1-3yrs experience in window and door manufacturing and/or similar lab environment preferred.
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required. Some level of college is preferred.