Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all billing functions to meet deadlines and productivity targets, including daily invoicing and credit/debit memo processing. Track unbilled issues and reconcile shipped orders to invoices to ensure daily balancing.
1. Ensures daily processing of invoicing is accurate and complete; i.e., invoices processed through correct system, freight charges, sales tax and other charges calculated and added to invoices, invoices printed, copies distributed to internal departments and customers’ copy is mailed or sent electronically in a timely manner. Reviews all work for accuracy prior to process completion.
2. Enters all credit and debit memos. Processes and distributes documents to appropriate departments in a timely manner. Reviews all work for accuracy prior to process completion.
3. Answer inquiries about transactions.
4. Processes warranty claims in post ship billing in a timely manner. Reviews all work for accuracy prior to process completion.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school Diploma/GED required. Some college level coursework in Business or Accounting preferred. Associates degree desired.
Minimum of two years related work experience in a relevant Accounting role required. Knowledge of general accounting fundamentals and accounts receivable procedures required. Strong knowledge of billing and financial concepts.
Ability to work well in an environment with firm deadlines; results oriented. Perform multiple tasks effectively. Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. Accurate typing skill of 50 wpm, ability to operate ten key by touch, mathematical aptitude, proficiency with personal computers and effective communication skills required. Strong analytical skills required. Capable of making timely, independent decisions. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) required. Experience with AS400/mainframe systems desirable.