Employee performs as machine and plastic process troubleshooter. Follows established standard work procedures with the duties of installing molds, setting up processes, setting up secondary equipment, producing and submitting for quality inspection first piece parts that meet or exceed customer expectations. Employee reports abnormalities in scrap and works with others to determine workable solutions. Technician ensures safety of people and materials by following Company guidelines on operation of motorized equipment.
· Able to operate fork-lift, or obtain fork-lift licenses.
· Troubleshoot machines on operational problems and adjust equipment to maintain consistency; establish and monitor optimum cycle times for machine efficiencies.
· Product and submit quality assurance first piece start up parts and strive to improve the quality and stability of the manufacturing process.
· Cycle and start up presses and achieve quality parts through machine utilization and minimizing scrap. Investigate and determine source of molding problems for prompt resolution to reduce downtime and scrap.
· Encourage operators to achieve maximum machine utilization and produce quality material that meet or exceed customer expectations.
· Perform set up of secondary equipment, etc.